[linux-audio-user] MIDI exported from Cakewalk sounds         horrible!

On Saturday 23 April 2005 12:16, linux-audio-user-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> I used to use Cakewalk on a small Windows partition for composing
> work. ?Now, I'm trying to take the midi files I'd exported from
> Cakewalk and play them using rosegarden/fluidsynth/pmidi.
>
> My songs sounds like a cacophony. ?Things are so wrong - it sounds
> truely horrible.
>
> I downloaded some MIDI files from around the internet and they all
> play normally. ?Is is possible Cakewalk has some SysEx events in there
> that pmidi/rosegarden are interpreting as notes?
>
> Cause damn. ?I didn't write this stuff!

This is a common problem. Midi exported from a program either lacks and
"program" (patches) commands or the importing program ignores them. In
Rosegarten, go to each track and reselect the instrument, bank, etc. Then it
should play.