[linux-audio-user] suggestions for USB/serial/PCMCIA MIDI interfaces ?

> > There is also the "midisport" line from m-audio, but if I recall correctly
> > they need a firmware upload to work, so I'd avoid them:
> >
> > http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.list&ID=usbmidiinterfaces
>
> I have a midisport 2x2. No firmware upload needed for that, and I'm quite
> happy with it.
>
> --
> Martin

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the MidiSports all require firmware,
but your report makes me think that it's all so well integrated in
Alsa and hopplug now that users really don't even notice that this is
takingplace any more.

Good news!

- Mark