[linux-audio-user] Alsa / OSS support in Linux

While on the topic, I seem to remember having read about a plan to
incorporate Alsa in an upcoming version of the Linux kernel, that would be a
plan to switch from OSS to Alsa as the "official" / preferred sound support
in Linux. I think I heard about it something like 1 year ago as something
that was in Linus' mind for the near future? Does this make any sense or am
I talking b_llocks here? Reason I'm asking is because of your responses
regarding Alsa support in the different distributions Mandrake / Debian /
Fedora, I was thiking hey wait a second, I thought it was part of the kernel
by now?

Anyone familiar with the status of sound support?

Cheers,

Alex

Hor?scopo, tarot, numerolog?a... Escucha lo que te dicen los astros.
http://astrocentro.msn.es/