[linux-audio-user] moterhboard and sound card advise

> I have recently gone thru the gammut of soundcards for this same (or
> similar) purpose and not wanting to spend a million dollars. I ended up
> on a Delta 1010LT. Google some...I paid $180.00 US on Ebay for mine and
> bought some patch bays to go with. There are 2 balanced pre-amp ins for
> mics or whatever...The RCA tail is a bit cumbersome but cheaper option.
> for a hundred or so more you can get the Delta 1010 with the better
> patching, etc.
I am thinking of going with the Audiophile 2496. Can anyone confirm it will
do duplex operation? And MIDI?

> Pitch trackers not all that comprehensive yet. If your not aware, check
> out all the various LADSPA plugs available. SWH package, CMT, TAP.
> etc...and for the brave at heart...install VST server or Jack_fst to run
> native Winblows VST's. (I havent had much luck with that)
I have seen the plugins available and will write some of my own.

> I just (yesterday) bought a mini ATX case and Asus A&V*X Mobo with
> Atahlon XP 2500. I'm setting it up as we speak. Will report its
> progress. Not a rack mount...I looked at that and the rackmount PC gear
> is still overpriced. I decided to re -engineer my live setup a tad so I
> can fit this mini case in.
I plan on putting a system in a rack, not necesarily 1U. I can get rack
enclosures, all steel. The lower plate has a matrix of holes for mounting
board standoffs. This way I can have a pedal board with a rack above and
behind along with my rack mount wireless receiver and then do all the power
routing under the racks along with surge protection etc.

Thanks