[linux-audio-user] what version of alsa to use with maudio quattro

I've been having some wierd problems with the stock drivers in CCRMA with
the quattro, I get sound in just fine, but no sound out, when I switch it
correctly its just distorted hiss, what version of alsa are people using
to get both input and output working from their quattro, and can you get
full duplex, and if you guys don't mine sharing how you did it, I'd
appreciate it.