[linux-audio-user] re: audacity

> That could mean that something else is using the OSS devices and
> audacity is just waiting for them to become free. Try to
> see if
> something is using /dev/dsp by doing a:
>   fuser /dev/dsp
> (in a terminal)
> Fernando

Other OSS apps work just fine.  Nothing shows up with fuser.  Weird weird.  Xine will not work with the HDSP/MF either (it starts up and immediately shuts down), and Mplayer will work with the sdl output - the oss output is grainy, and the alsa9 won't work at all.  It has something to do with the card, because all of these things work fine with my onboard card.

Thanks for your help,

Matt