[linux-audio-user] RME Cardbus + multiface

	Hello Derek!

On ned, 2004-01-11 at 23:25, derek holzer wrote:
> Actually, it is the Ricoh cardbus controllers which both RME and myself
> would warn against. [But maybe you meant another Derek?] That said, I

You are the Derek I was refering to. At the beginning of the thread you
dont mention which is the bad controller and I assumed wrong. I checked
the RME pages and noone is saying O2 Micro is a bad cardbus controller.

Sorry for misleading the public of LAU and dragging inocent people into
the mess. :)

> *do* have a cardbus HDSP running on a laptop with this controller, but
> let's just say it wasn't a picnic getting it this far. I also wonder
> what effect this has on my latency, but haven't tried any benchmarks
> against the same card with a PCI interface yet. Maybe some weekend when
> I have lots of "free time". :-)

When the "FT" hits you it will be an interesting reading.

Just a very na?ve question: Would an audio loopback cable do for testing
the audio latency? Asummming the playback and recording latencies are
similar it should give an estimate value.

Take care,

	Miha...