Re: Suggestions for minimal audio player?

Hi Kevin,
if you're happy with a simple commandline player that could run in an x-term or something, you could use mpv. I don't know about vlc, but it can run in the console or the GUI. mpv certainly displays the time, you can forward and rewind by certain time amounts and even set your own. Play/pause, a directory or playlist is fine, too.

HTH.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

 * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I know you're out there and I know that you still care <3
(Britney Spears)