SpecMatch

Hi

I revisited a old guitarix project (SpecMatch) and ported it to python3.

SpecMatch aims to compare two Sounds and generate a Impulse Response
File from the different.

Intentional it was developed to easier the process to recreate a
specific Sound within guitarix.

Now, this day's while we've NAM and AIDAX, there are better way's to do so.

Hence I've u-bounded it from guitarix and makes it a tool on it's own,
as there are still the need to add convolution to get the expected sound.

SpecMatch allow to load two Sound files, compare the Frequency
spectrum's of them, and generate a Impulse Response File from the
difference. So it enable you to get the missing bits.

A other use-case is to archive the "Full Impulse Response" of a
destination file by using the usual NAM trainer input file as source
file in SpecMatch.

I've posted some of my results, using it this way, as a show case, on
the linuxmusicians  forum her:

https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?p=168587#p168587

This is, after all the years, still work in progress, and, there
shouldn't ever been a release to be expected, as it is plain
development. Anyway, if this stuff is of some interest for you, here it is:

 https://github.com/brummer10/SpecMatch

regards

hermann