Re: Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 205, Issue 9

> Hey hey,
> there are many prepared scripts and code snippets to convert Faust .dsp files
> to different applications, the faust2* ones.
>
> But even after looking around, I couldn't find a script to convert Faust code
> to a readline application. The console applications, as far as I understand
> them, will run, but offer no interaction at all, unless parameters can be
> controlled through MIDI or OSC.
>
> So I wondered, if someone had written code to convert Faust to an interactive
> console application of some kind, which could use either readline or perhaps a
> simple ncurses interface to mainpulate parameters. In that case I don't mind
> the intermediate language used, be it c, c++, rust or anything else, as long
> as it will run as a straight program.
>
> Any hints and tips are welcome.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jeanette

Hi Jeanette,

The faust2alsaconsole, and more generally faustXXXconsole tools allow limited control, by setting the value of each control at launch time. When foo.dsp is compiled, ./foo gives you the exact name to be used for each control.

But feel free to improve all that for a more explicit control when running.

Stéphane