Re: Digitising sound - S/PDIF -> USB?

Sun, 10 Mar 2024 11:51:21 +0100 (CET) - "Jeanette C." <julien@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hey hey,
> I have some old vinyls to digitise. The amp has an s/PDIF out. I wondered
> is there something like an S/PDIF to USB converter cable or another simple
> solution that wouldn't cost too much money? I tried researching a bit, but
> mostly came across USB -> S/PDIF out.
>
> The machine I'll be using is most likely a simple, not too modern notebook.
> IIRC it has USB 3.
>
> Can anyone narrow down the search or does anyone perhaps have a straight
> suggestion?
>
> Thanks and best wishes,
>
> Jeanette

Hi

Maybe something like the following?

UR23 Converter SPDIF Optical to USB - Audiophonics
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/digital-interfaces/ur23-converter-spdif-optical-to-usb-p-15612.html

Hifime SPDIF Optical to USB converter, record DAT/minidisc to computer
https://hifimediy.com/product/hifime-ur23-spdif-optical-to-usb-converter/

But...
Your preamp should have rec-outs rca outputs: so, why don't you connect these
outputs directly to your computer's sound card rca inputs?

Regards
alexus

--
The only way humans know to survive is to extinguish themselves.