Re: jackd2 hanging after resume?

Hi, Peter!

Sorry, can't really help on debugging, but during my years of using various brands of laptops (Dell, IBM Thinkpads, Lenovo, HP, Asus) and OSes (Windows and Linux), my experience has been that the ability of OSes to recover from suspended states has often (or always?) been tripped up by whether or not the hardware device(s) involved could properly recover from suspension.

I've had laptops that recovered fine from suspension, but their installed wifi or networking hardware wouldn't recover. In some cases, the only way to get the hardware to work again was to completely shut down and do a cold start.

I think the hardware itself simply couldn't recover in a state that allowed to OS to set it up properly again. I've also had OSes (Windows) come out of suspend and simply assume the hardware was still set up as it had been prior to suspending, without checking anything. This would lead to unpredictable results when trying to use the device.

I haven't encountered that with Linux, but I rarely use suspend, so I really don't know anything about Linux suspend and external hardware.

Maybe the Edirol needs some setup run when it powers on and Linux runs that setup on a cold start but doesn't when coming out of suspension?

Since the Roland interface handles suspend while the Edirol doesn't, maybe use the Roland instead?

Hope that helps! And maybe people on the list that know about this can chime in.