Re: Partly OT: Video streaming from FOH to multiple targets

On Nov 17 2023, at 8:02 am, robertlazarski <robertlazarski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I looked a lot at xjadeo myself as I thought it could be useful for my linear timecode based video workflow - essentially what it is for.

Yet I couldn't find a use case for what it seems to be good at, best I can tell by reading what I could find on it: a video monitor of spliced scenes with no audio, as a reference to compose soundtracks of suspense scenes and the like.

That is essentially how it is used.  Ardour ships xjadeo for use as a video monitor when composing soundtracks.  Video with no audio is played on xjadeo, synchronized to Ardour which handles the audio.
In that case the video is typically a modified version of the original, lower resolution and  in a format which allows quick seeking.  When the audio is finished you can merge it back with the original full resolution video.

-- Chris Caudle

On Nov 17 2023, at 8:02 am, robertlazarski <robertlazarski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 16, 2023 at 9:08 PM Peter P. <peterparker@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Michael Jarosch <riotsound@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2023-11-17 01:07]:
[...]
> searched for a long time, now: A remote controlled video player!
You might want to look at xjadeo as well.
best, P

I looked a lot at xjadeo myself as I thought it could be useful for my linear timecode based video workflow - essentially what it is for.

Yet I couldn't find a use case for what it seems to be good at, best I can tell by reading what I could find on it: a video monitor of spliced scenes with no audio, as a reference to compose soundtracks of suspense scenes and the like.

I'd really like to hear from people using xjadeo on what their workflow with it really is as so far I just don't need what I think it does. It may just not have many users if I got its purpose right.