Re: Yoshimi 2.3.0.3

Hi Will,
thanks for the update. I can imagine how tiiresome it is to hunt down those bugs and fix them, only to find more. :) Yet to us those releases are immensely helpful. New features are always great, but reliability is what makes everyday life pleasant.

I've already installed it! Thanks!

Best wishes,

Jeanny

Aug 5 2023, Will Godfrey has written:

Yet another bugfix release {sigh}

This was an extremely obscure PadSynth crash. To the best of my knowledge
nobody has hit it yet - it showed up in testing.

There was also a less important issue, where some compositing window managers
didn't recognise all of Yoshimi's windows as part of Yoshimi.

I'm reminded of this!

Ten little bugs hiding in the code,
Ten little bugs hiding in the code.
So you fix a little bug,
and compile it all again.
There's eleven little bugs hiding in the code.

On the brighter side there is a small new feature. If you have the virtual
keyboard visible, then selecting an instrument with the mouse from a bank will
pass keyboard focus back to the virtual keyboard. This means you can quickly
try out different sounds without any other connection.

--
Will J Godfrey {apparently now an 'elderly'}
https://willgodfrey.bandcamp.com/

 * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

There must be another way
Cause I believe in taking chances
But who am I to say - What a girl is to do <3
(Britney Spears)