Re: mplayer and mpv both crash with jack from libswresample.so.3?

On April 5, 2023 12:14:17 AM HST, Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Apr 2023 23:52:07 -1000
> david <gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> <snip>
> >Debian has also been uncooperative with another application I use,
> >Rosegarden. Debian 11 insists that the current version I have compiled
> >and installed from source (v22.12) needs to be "upgraded" to the version
> >in the repository (v20.12, two releases behind). Sorry, not acceptable.
>
> I never actually install Rosegarden. I compile it from source, and run it
> in-situ. Debian (devuan in my case) never gets a look-in.

I make install applications where I have to compile current versions. Although the current release of Musescore (4, IIRC) won't compile on Debian 11. It apparently requires too many newer versions of libraries than Debian offers. And I'm allergic to using things like flatpack et al.

---
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
exploring the landscape of god
http://dancingtreefrog.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.