Re: Best latency I could expect using USB sound device

> During the pandemic I tested a lot of USB sound cards on Linux -
> actually the Focusrite Scarlett Solo was one of the best in terms of
> latency (and also in terms of interrupt timing jitter - this is crucial
> when it comes to very low latency and high CPU load):
>
> https://github.com/gisogrimm/ovbox/wiki/Soundcards

That is really interesting.

Two questions come to mind:

1) How did you measure that?

2) How do I interpret it?  Naively it seems Focusrite Scarlett Solo is best at 2ms.  What are the other two columns?

> With the HiFiBerry GPIO caps I get an even better performance, both in
> terms of latency and jitter.

I have been tempted by the HiFiBerry, I am put off as it seems "line in" is not front of mind for them.  It is for me.  How have you found it?  Is the sound quality OK?