I seem to recall there was an app to clone hardware synths?

Good evening!

I seem to recall there was an app to clone hardware synths to soundfonts. Synthclone, synthklone, synclone? I thought it was a command line tool. I can't find anything in Debian 11 or KXStudio repositories.

It would methodically send MIDI events to the keyboard and record  the resulting audio. I think it also turned the result into soundfonts, but could be misremembering things.

I'm considering replacing my little old Yahama PSR-225GM keyboard with a good MIDI controller, but there are some sounds in it that I like better than the GM equivalents, plus there are its proprietary Yamaha sounds.

Ideas?

Thanks.

--
David W. Jones