Software for scanning sheet music

Hi,

I have some sheet music from an old relative of my wife. They are nicely printed on paper (printing shop) and 105 years old this year. I would like to scan them and hopefully have them converted to lilypond or xml or whatever is used today. It seems that MusicXML is the most used today but the best would be lilypond. Anyone know of such software for Linux? I saw an app for iPhone and Android that seemed promising but much cooler would be a native Linux program.

Best,

--
/bengan