[music] Schwinge mein Hertz, du süßer Ton

I was feeling rather pious this past weekend, so I put the rainbow strap on my keytar and wrote this little hymn to celebrate the resonating universe and the holy FM synthesis.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/spotlightkid/schwinge-mein-hertz-du-suesser-ton
Ogg Vorbis download: https://0x20.eu/nc/s/gPeSmBzwxZeGpS6
MP3 download: https://0x20.eu/nc/s/m3kG86An5NNG46a

Composed and produced by Christopher Arndt in February 2023.

Recorded in Ardour 7 on Linux with a Yamaha Reface DX FM synthesizer and a Kurzweil PC3K into a MIDAS MR18 digital mixer and audio interface.

All sounds from the Reface DX, except bass drum and snares from PC3K.

Sounds used: "Flute DX" and "Organ Slow" by Tom Ansink [1] , "RetroChoir" (modified) by Jeremy Mulders [2], "Dulciclone" and "Celesta C2" by me, "Basic Orch Perc" from PC3K factory presets.

Effects added in the DAW: reverb from "LSP Impulse Reverb Stereo" and Samplicity M7 "North Church" impulse response and from "DFZitaRev1" [3] plugin, multi-band EQ and compression on master bus using "ZamAudio ZaMultiCompX2", and "Calf Saturator".

Inspired by a video from Alex Ball: "Dulcitone 1900 | Blessed are the music makers" [4]

Share & Enjoy!

Chris

[1]: https://soundmondo.yamahasynth.com/user/7744
[2]: https://soundmondo.yamahasynth.com/user/11153