Yoshimi standalone vs. plugin [WAS] Re: Re: Yoshimi V 2.2.3 now released

Hi David,

On 18/02/2023 01:04, david wrote:
I use Rosegarden. It supports LADSPA and DSSI. It doesn't support LV2.

I also use Yoshimi with Rosegarden and have used it a lot in the past, I would suggest giving Rosegarden -> Yoshimi (via ALSA Midi) a go as it's rather straightforward.

Lorenzo

PS: I had also created a Rosegarden instrument file for the default banks (and a very primitive python generator for it), but that should get an update, not sure if anyone has actually ever used it

On 2/17/23 13:39, Paul Davis wrote:
why do you want a DSSI rather than an LV2 version?

On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 4:30 PM david <gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    On 2/14/23 23:46, Will Godfrey wrote:
    > On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 16:59:33 -1000
    > david <gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2/14/23 12:49, Will Godfrey wrote:
    Yoshimi.

    https://github.com/zynaddsubfx/zynaddsubfx/search?q=Zynaddsubfx+dssi+code&type= <https://github.com/zynaddsubfx/zynaddsubfx/search?q=Zynaddsubfx+dssi+code&type=>

    > Probably not. The projects have diverged enormously. In 2014 I
    was able to port
    > across some optimisations (with acknowledgement), but it was
    slow and tedious
    > work because the variables had all been changed. With something
    as complex as
    > DSSI it would probably be quicker to start from scratch.

    Bummer. I don't know the technical end of things, just thought it
    might
    be a possible start. If nothing else, a framework.

    Has it really been that long since Yoshimi diverged from Zyn? Wow.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx