Re: strange jackd zalsa_in behavior

On Sun, Dec 25, 2022 at 05:22:26PM -0600, Chris Caudle wrote:

> My previous experience with Fons's software is that it is pretty bullet proof, so I'm
> surprised to see the same strange behavior out of zita-a2j.

There are no gain factors anywhere in zita-a2j, so I'd suspect the
sample format conversion in zita-alsa-pcmi.

I may be that one of the interfaces is using a rare sample format that
is not handled correctly by that library. Some of ALSA's sample format
enums are a bit 'inconsistent' to put it mildly, so it's entirely
possible that I misinterpreted them. The practical problem is that I
can't test them without having actual hardware using these formats.

Could you repeat the test with the two interfaces using jaaa -A (i.e.
using the ALSA interface instead of Jack), after setting them to the
same level using Jack ?

Ciao,

--
FA