Re: Alsa not finding soundcard

On 10/5/22 04:09, Chris Caudle wrote:
On Oct 5, 2022 3:32 AM, Fons Adriaensen <fons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One of them works perfectly with an RME Octamic-XTC. The other doesn't

Maybe setup mode is different between the two interfaces.  I see that Octamic-XTC supports MADI, perhaps there is a way to get the interface set so it only uses MADI and ignores USB.

-- Chris Caudle

Another possibility: Despite them being the same model computers, HP might have used a different hardware component in one than it used in the other? I've heard of manufacturers changing components such as drive models, host controllers, and networking hardware during assembly runs. I'm sure because they could get the new component cheaper!

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx