Re: Scriptable/programmable sonic visualiser

Sep 13 2022, Peter P. has written:

Jeanette, have you looked into Processing(.org) already?
Thanks for the hint Peter. It seems to have a fully featured language,
but it appears to require an X11/desktop environment to work. But
defiitely the right kind of concept and I would have never stumbled
across it.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

* Jeanette C. <julien@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2022-09-13 00:38]:
Hey hey,
does anyone know of a sonic visualiser with a text-based programming
language? I'm not familiar with the territory at all. I'd like to create
more interesting visuals for my Youtube material. Since I'm (almost) blind,
I'd like to create visuals from the music itself, with a certain degree of
algorithmic magic, I suppose, but with some control through a simple,
dedicated programming interface. Think something like the Csound language or
POV-Ray. It could be based on pure audio or with additional support for
MIDI. If it's not too complicated and well-defined (well described) I'd be
happy to use something with no direct linkage to audio.

The languages and paradigms I know are c/c++, Csound, bash scripting,
POV-Ray and html. I would prefer something which is not a library in a
programming language, so I didn't have to write a whole program around it.

Given these rough ideas, does anything spring to mind? Graphic patterns as
such don't mean that much to me, since they'd mostly be to delicate to see
for me. I personally set a lot of stock by colours though.

Best wishes and thanks for any ideas,

Jeanette

 * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

And I love the way with just one whisper
You tell me everything <3
(Britney Spears)

 * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I love the things you say
And I love the love your touch conveys <3
(Britney Spears)