Re: simple cd player

On 7/30/22 12:08, karl@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Old cd players just had play, eject, next, prev etc.
and the cd drive had audio outputs.

Now that cd drives is on sata, thoose audio outputs
does not exist any more, so thoose programs doesn't
work any more.

Is that any current cd player that is simple like the
old ones that works with current cd drives ?

E.g. there is too many clicks in clementine to just
play a cd.

We're working on something like this right now at KTQA, but it's a low priority project.

Basically, taking SATA optical players and connecting them to a small SBC with a handful of buttons and a display to create a CD experience our DJs will be familiar with.   We're assuming we'll have to write something custom against libmpv.

There's still a lot of broadcast CD players out there, but keeping them alive economically has been difficult.  Being able to use stock optical players we can essentially find all day-- and are still being manufactured-- will be a help in the future.

-Sam