Re: USB Compliant MIDI

"just work" should be an advertising trademark :)

In the WK-6600 manual they say that the first time you connect the keyboard to a windows computer the software drivers will "automatically load". They didn't add "and just work" :)

But, really, these days a lot of this stuff is getting pretty easy to connect/run. I can't say I'll miss my MIDI cable adventures ... esp. when I plug input to output, etc and stand there like an idiot wondering why things don't "just work"!

On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 3:47 PM David Kastrup <dak@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Bob van der Poel <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Thanks guys.
>
> I see that Amazon has all kinds of lengths of cable. 10 ft. should be fine,
> and for the same price I can get 16 which is even better. I have never
> needed long cables in my studio so have no experience there.
>
> Glad to hear that this should "just work".

I may have expressed myself too subtle.  The quote marks were to
indicate that this expectation is not always delivered in practice.
Granted, the potential for hub trouble with sound cards is definitely
higher than with MIDI connections.

--
David Kastrup

--