Re: seeking a creative songwriting solution.

In data lunedì 16 maggio 2022 00:24:37 CEST, Karen Lewellen ha scritto:
> Hi imaginative folks,
> [...]
> what I am wondering is this.
> How possible might it be to  use  your singing voice for composing?
> what I mean is to sing the parts into your software of choice, then  using
> that software to first add the orchestrations, playback etc., then produce
> that music in printable form?
> The last task is less important for the moment.
> getting my pieces out of my head, and into  arranging and composing form is
> though.
> thoughts?

Hi Karen

if you are comfortable with musical notation you can definitely go with
*MuseScore*, as it is very easy to learn and produces the score as well as the
audio part (a rendering of MIDI data using a soundfont, actually).

When you are done you can export your work into a MIDI file and import it into
*Ardour* to do all the recording / mixing / EQing / bla bla.

In my opinion these two tools are probably among the most mature to do “pro
stuff” under Linux, and are an integral part of my own workflow.

As a side note, if you’re not yet ready to dive into Linux and its ecosystem,
you can still try them on Windows or Mac.

Hope this helps.

ciao
Francesco Napoleoni