Re: Rumor - nasty growling bass fuzz pedal

On 17.12.21 19:56, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
On 17-12-2021 17:49, Will Godfrey wrote:
On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 17:41:17 +0100
Hermann Meyer <brummer-@xxxxxx> wrote:

I've just push my latest work to github, It's a pure, nasty growling
bass fuzz pedal, with bold out-front presence, and cutting
articulation.
It's for those who love those good old transistor based fuzz pedals.
https://github.com/brummer10/Rumor <https://github.com/brummer10/Rumor>

Nice, going to check it out! Most other Fuzz plugins sound rather
tame, hopefully this one delivers the goods ;)

rooowwwaaa a a a  a   a    a      a

Oh, a modern one then :P

@folderol remembers building one with resistor fed germanium diodes :@)

The first fuzzes at the beginning of the 1960's had no clipping
diodes, only transistors. It was around 1969 that the first fuzzes
with clipping diodes appeared, such as the EHX Big Muff and Univox
Super Fuzz. For an excellent overview see
http://www.kitrae.net/music/Fuzz_Big_Muff_Timeline.html.

Jeremy

For the case, that this one is to nasty for your taste, you may also
checkout this one:

https://github.com/brummer10/CollisionDrive

it's announced as a overdrive, but with some tweaking (turn Attack down)
it will deliver a more harmonic distortion, then the Rumor, . . . just
for the case.