Re: Current Developments in Linux Audio ?

On 2021-11-01 01:44, Brandon Hale wrote:
However, being able to use multiple sound cards at the same time is probably going to eventually bring me over to using pipewire

You can do that right now (alsa_in/out or zita-ajbridge) but it will move you into the realm of clocks drift. It might not matter that much depending on your use case but you said "sampling rate when I'm doing pro audio work". It might not be that pro audio anymore. I have not tested pipewire but I can't imagine that pipewire and multiple cards would be any better in that respect.

For solution with multiple cards have a look at:
https://jackaudio.org/faq/multiple_devices.html

And a discussion:
https://discourse.ardour.org/t/using-two-different-soundcards-with-ardour/105727

I tested the alsa_in/alsa_out solution a few years ago out of sheer curiosity and it worked, but I would not trust it for an important live recording.

--
/bengan