Pipewire, jack-midi, alsa-midi, rendering, freewheeling etc.

As there are interesting discussions about pipewire. I'll go with a somewhat open question.

I'm wondering how will 'MIDI' work and especially if an how will alsa-midi applications be able to happily and collaboratively :-) work with jack-midi ones (currently provided by a2j), potentially with some improvement?

Would it facilitate the vision, which I tried to discuss sometimes on this list, about being able to interconnect 'any' midi application on Linux _and_ facilitate the faster-than-real-time generation (rendering) of a digital file/stream of what the user 'hears'? :-)

It seems that now pipewire does support freewheeling [1], and (maybe) that could be promising?

Lorenzo

[1] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire/pipewire/-/issues/315