Re: Piano prelude on a real grand

On Sunday 20 June 2021 16:12:37 (+02:00), Jeanette C. wrote:

> Hey hey,
> as I recently had the chance to play a Boesendorfer grandpiano at a friends place - and even record it -, I decided that this was too good an opportunity to miss for some Bach:
> https://youtu.be/LgXBgdL7-L4
> BWV881A Prelude in F minor, Well-tempered Clavier, book II.
>
> Played on a 1973 Boesendorfer 170, recorded with a pair of Audio Line Design microphones in AB to a non-Linux machine, no processing of any kind. I imported the recording into Nama, did some comping and processing, since - the piano being a surprise - I had no time to practise. :)
>
> Enjoy and best wishes,
>
> Jeanette

Well done Jeanette!
I like that you also write which mics and how you used them. The Audio Line Design mics are among my favorites and i have 5 of them (three CM3s an two OM1s). The combination of the mics and the Boesendorfer makes the piano sound stand out in a mix as well, if it's other instruments involved.

Jostein