Fwd: Hum pickup in DI boxes

Not sure if you meant to send it privately, but I suppose putting it publicly won't hurt.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: Hum pickup in DI boxes
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 17:39:26 +0100
From: Bill Purvis <bill@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Brandon Hale <bthaleproductions@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Brandon,
On 08/06/2021 17:29, Brandon Hale wrote:
We have the Behringer x32 at the place of my work. Why not just use a 3.5mm male to RCA L+R male out and plug into the aux input on the Behringer? That's what those inputs are for, right? That's what we do at work and have had success with it running small conferences with little to no audible noise.

I hope I'm not muddying the waters more here,

Brandon Hale
That would be fine, except the rack is in a separate, locked, room, and the operating desk only has access to
XLR sockets in the floor.

Failure on my part to anticipate the need!  ;-)

Bill