Re: Fwd: Tuesday 27 April 2021 at 20:00 GMT - Film screening "Sisters with Transistors"

On 4/23/21 4:56 AM, Paul Davis wrote:

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 12:50 AM david <gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4/21/21 4:18 PM, Chris Caudle wrote:
> On 2021-04-19 16:32, Kevin Cole wrote:
>> https://supersonicfestival.com/event/sisters-with-transistors/
>
> Seems like an interesting documentary.   I checked into watching:
> "Our films are only available for purchase and streaming within the UK
> and Ireland. Purchases cannot be made outside of these regions."
>
> :(  I am not in UK or Ireland.
> I guess the Q&A session can still be viewed worldwide, so I can at
> least listen to them discuss the film that I am not allowed to watch.

I was able to get to their purchase page using TOR with a UK exit node.
I didn't try to purchase it, so I don't know if I could have gone further.

It definitely sounds like a fascinating documentary. Sad that they're
hiding it away. It sounds like something that should have gone out via
BBC to public TV stations.

Thanks, picking the US option let me in. It looks like it's only live screenings....

I was able to grab the trailer from their site using youtube-dl. Don't know if it would work with the live stream.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx