Re: Jamulus private server [WAS]: Re: online calls with decent auido for music lessons

Just to mention a small alternative to dyndns that can work for some cases (e.g. me). If you have a web host somewhere with a known IP, then you can run something like this from cron, meaning that REMOTE_HOST/lastlog "always" contains the "current" IP address of your dynamic system. I use this to make sure I can always log in to my home machine (aka the Ardour build system for Linux & Windows & some macOS builds) as long as I can get into ardour.org and cat lastlog.

#!/bin/sh

ip=`curl --silent ipinfo.io/ip`
ssh -i $SUITABLE_SSH_KEY REMOTE_HOST "echo $ip > lastlog"

exit 0

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 8:25 AM David Kastrup <dak@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Brandon Hale <bthaleproductions@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I don't know, you will have to try it. The machine I run it on has a
> static ip.

Most Internet modems have separate tabs for entering the details of a
DynDNS account, and there are several DynDNS providers offering at least
a small set of names without cost.

--
David Kastrup