Re: [music] change ()re-recording my 17-year-old self)

On 3/7/21 10:33 AM, Jeanette C. wrote:
Hey hey,
I did write and record change when I was about 17 or 18 and wanted to re-record it for a while now:
https://youtu.be/PdfHxBbaYJk
And for OGG download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mq907ur41i5cwj5/change.ogg

The lyrics had to be rewritten entirely, though kept in the same style, register and intention of the original. The main sound was a Roland JV_1080 patch called Raggatronic. I still have that patch, but in this recording I used a copy I made on another virtual analogue synth.

Another change is the Yoshimi choir, which I certainly didn't have. It used to be another Roland sound from an expansion board, which I don't have. I first though of mixing other choir sounds on that module, but then layered the Yoshimi choir with another hardware instrument. It's a beautiful synth choir, with or without the other hardware layer! Thanks Will!

Best wishes,

Jeanette

It sounds to me like something other artists would pay you for the right to cover it. For me, the bass kind of held it together.

I have an old recording of songs I wrote at that age. Not much like yours! Fortunately for the world, they're trapped on an old 1/4" tape cassette.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx