Re: [Music] Symphony of love illusive

On 2021-02-06 14:13, Jeanette C. wrote:
the symphony of love illusive was written using the free Sonatina
Symphonic Orchestra (SSO) SFZ library in LinuxSampler.

I only recently had time to listen to this all together, it is really impressive for a synthesized orchestral recording.

The symphony was written in Midish, recorded straight to Nama

Does that mean there was no playing in the traditional sense, you did not play in the parts with a keyboard? How were the swells and small dynamic changes in the notes created? Were those dynamics in the samples, or did you sequence aftertouch or some other MIDI command to add some dynamic movement in the notes? The impression of actual players is much better than a lot of synthesized orchestral music I have heard.

--
Chris Caudle