Re: [Music] Symphony of love illusive

On 2/9/21 1:03 PM, Will Godfrey wrote:
On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 21:13:19 +0100 (CET)
"Jeanette C." <julien@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey hey,
the symphony of love illusive was written using the free Sonatina Symphonic
Orchestra (SSO) SFZ library in LinuxSampler. Only when the first two movements
were completed did I discover the Virtual Playing Orchestra and so I will have
to write something else symphonic some time soon. :)
(There are currently only Youtube links, no direct downloads, they will follow
within the next few days.)
Here are the four movements:
1. Allegro (Fantasia - possibly)
https://youtu.be/BC2RuiFDlOw
2. Molto Vivace (Scherzo - nearly and my pride and joy :) )
https://youtu.be/7vNi--527Sk
3. Larghetto (Lament - maybe)
https://youtu.be/-FiuTQRRVF4
4. Andante Moderato (Rondo - could be)
https://youtu.be/sdYGqnYhyxA

Feedback, as ever is appreciated. I know that I was only consistent in one
particular: I always broke the form. :)

Some more details: the whole symphony was recorded with the Sonatina Symphonic
Orchestra. The strings and brass were layered with some - self designed -
sounds from my Roland module, to flesh the sound out and have more of a
dynamic range available. The symphony was written in Midish, recorded straight
to Nama and only little processing was added, mostly to the sounds from the
hardware to match them with the software samples.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

As I said 'elsewhere', it took a while to find time for this. A really
impressive piece of work.

My, what lovely, thoroughly well-written compositions, Jeannette! A bit of a Bach feel at times that I liked. The Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra sounds are perfect. Thank you for making and sharing these!

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx