Re: Weird behaviour with Calf Fluidsynth

Hi Robert
On 05/02/2021 17:09, you wrote:
Hi Bill,

Not really a Calf Fluidsynth user but I tried a few of the things you mention. I tried using MusE as host, loading the lv2 version of Calf Fluidsynth with a GM soundfont. If I create a midi track and click on the pianoroll the synth will respond on the channel set up on the track. At least for the first three channels. Also tried adding program change to switch between presets and it seems to behave as expected. But this is with LV2, you mention jack, is there a jack version? Have not tried that.

Regards,
Robert
I raised a query on the Fluidsynth list, and they suggested trying with the command-line version of fluidsynth. I tried that and it responded as it should - which suggests the problem is in the Calf Gui. I guess I should raise it with the Calf list (if I can find it.)

I assume that LV2 uses either Alsa or Jack to communicate, but I've not used LV2 at all. Certainly Fluidsynth, and hence Calf, is quite happy using Jack. I don't know about the
other Calf plugins, as I've never used any, other than the synth.

Bill