Re: Yoshimi, SubSynth, PadSynth, MIDI Learn

On 05/02/21 17:04, tom haddington wrote:
Hello, Listers--

I've successfully mapped two of my MIDI knobs to the filter's cutoff frequency controllers in both SubSynth and PadSynth.  The problem is that in neither of these engines does the sound change continuously. The controller on the GUI moves when I twist the mapped MIDI knob, but I need to strike the key, again, to hear how the sound has changed.

IIRC you can't have continuous frequency / Q changes applied while the note is on with SubSynth and PadSynth.

Apparently, filter sweeps are not allowed in either of these engines? This is not a problem in AddSynth.

A way of achieving this kind of sweep would be to add an 'EQ' effect to the instrument and MIDI automate the frequency (and/or Q) in the same way you did it for the filter frequency (you need to select something like a Low-pass of course...).

Hope this helps,

Lorenzo.