Re: MIDI-controller treated as audio device

Hey, Zett! Nice to meet you, again!

Am 04.12.20 um 11:58 schrieb Hartmut Noack:
Am 04.12.20 um 11:39 schrieb Michael Jarosch:

My questions:
How can I force my system not to handle the Korg as an audio but a MIDI
device?
Your system(kernel) wont listen, I am afraid, you could only blacklist
the Korg, but that is stupid, because I reckon, you want to use it.

BUT you can tell Jack explicitly to use the HammerfallDSP as in:

jackd -d alsa -d hw:2 -p128 -n2

Guess, the problem in my configuration is, that pulseaudio won't startup successfully and therefore hinders jackd to launch. At least that's what I read out of the journalctl's output. The main problem seams to me that pulseaudio identifies the Korg as an audio device and that's why I am asking, what to do about that.

Nevertheless: Many thanks for your fast reply!

Greets!
Mitsch