Re: JACK and Sound OpenFirmware?

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

I'm happy to report back that all the changes required to address this are now merged upstream and queued for 5.11 kernel. This affects all SOF ALSA

Good.

drivers (Intel and non-Intel) and with the fix in, JACK works with all the common 2^n period size settings. Do note SOF FW's default scheduler is timer tick based and has a 1ms tick interval, so this might not be ideal for all JACK usages (see commit messages for details).

This is not much different from USB audio devices and in my experience, 64/2 at 48k is sometimes already lower latency than many intel HDA-ish devices can handle anyway.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net