Re: LAC2020

On 11/11/20 10:38 AM, Will Godfrey wrote:
On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 16:52:16 +0100
Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Will,

On 11-11-2020 15:43, Will Godfrey wrote:
Can anyone recommend a reasonably inexpensive USB webcam known to work with
debian (or derivatives).
Bear in mind that due to the current crisis prices have doubled and
sometimes even quintupled for webcams, at least over here (Netherlands).
Webcams seem to be the new toilet paper.

Jeremy

It's actually worse than that here. Virtually no deliveries seem to be quoted
till December :(

Just to make it more interesting, it seems the audio of none of my machines work
on the LAC test site except my laptop, and that already has a camera which is at
least reasonable.

This is probably a combination of hardware, distro and browser version, so it
looks like I'll be going with the laptop... carefully. It's getting a bit long
in the tooth. Still, it will be a 'learning experience' as they say.

It seems with BBB if you share screen, this includes the browser window.
Whereas somehow the Zoom program manages to hide itself.

I can only guess it is hiding, grabing the screen, then displaying itself
again. Clever people these web-foot types :)

Will.

Bummer in South Park. Maybe you can find a used one on eBay?

--

David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx