Re: JACK and S/PDIF sync'ed delta 1010 cards: bad vs. evil?

On 10/15/20 12:21 PM, Jeanette C. wrote:
If, as has happened before, the setup isn't remembered correctly and the S/PDIF sync is not made, occasionally the cards begin to have input problems. The sound suddenly degrades with an effect like bad resampling (decimation effect).

That noise will generally happen with all cards when they are not synchronized to another card.

Synchronizing the cards together is crucial, otherwise the two cards' relative timings will drift over time,

 causing the noise to drift in and out over time.

Notice: If you still get strange noise drifting in and out, or strange popping noises, even when the

 cards are rock-solid synchronized, or even just with one card, even in simple playback mode

 watching videos or playing music, I am always obliged to recommend to try running just one CPU core.

Yes, just one CPU core. Trust me, it was thoroughly verified. Been through that with my Delta 1010LT.

It is possible you may have the same problem. Or not.

I can explain in detail if desired. I posted my solution some years ago.

Tim.

The MusE Sequencer project.