Re: Reverse-engineering MIDI software

On 23.06.2020 07:48, Caelia Chapin wrote:
On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 11:41 PM David W. Jones <gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Would Arturia's MIDI Control Center run under WINE?

No idea. I don't use WINE, as I have had nothing but horrible experiences with it in the past.

How long ago was the past? Wine now is much, much more reliable than 5 years ago.

> But in any case, I do not want to use either a VM or WINE on a regular
> basis; I want to find out what MIDI messages the Control Center app
> sends, so I can perform its functions under Linux.

I have submitted some patches recently to wine which allow eavesdropping on Windows MIDI connection, so one can dump any MIDI traffic (like SYSEX messages) to/from Windows applications.

So a recent (staging) version of wine and aseqdump and you are ready to go.

Jacek