Re: How to prevent applications from changing my mic level?

On Wed, 6 May 2020, Jacek Konieczny wrote:

I guess it might be possible to stop PA from using ALSA mixer controls even without unloading ALSA support all together.

I am sure it is. In my case I have other reasons for making sure Pulse has no access to ALSA. I have found that pulse will try to use any alsa device it can find for sync and that this causes xruns when pulse is bridged to jack as well as trouble when putting jack into freewheel. The pulse-jack bridge is not properly buffered and works best if jack is the only "device" pulse can see.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net