Re: My isp and lau are... not friends

On Fri, 10 Apr 2020, Atte André Jensen wrote:

Grrrr....

I'm having trouble with lau and the mail from my isp, lot's of messages
doesn't get through, now I've had it and want to fix this!

sounds painful

What mail do you use with lau, how do you access it (mail client/web), are
all messages (even you own) coming through?

I use my ISP for all outgoing mail. Incoming mail goes through arbour domains to my on site router. I access my mail using Alpine (for this message), roundcube (web client) or squirrelmail (another webclient). I have next to no filtering set up. The router/server is an old P4 (it has historically been the oldest working system in the house) but will soon be atom based so it can move to a 64bit OS as 32bit support is going away :P

My ISP has been OK with me doing my own routing and so I have not had to worry about punching holes through their router's firewall. All they really care about is that I only use one IP :)

The squirrelmail I am using is master not the last release becasue I was having trouble with release. And is why I started running roundcube which seems to have a more active dev team. This provides my family with a secure untracked email that we also use for remote file transfer and that has no ads. (SSL provded by lets encrypte)

I use Alpine, Irssi and Screen (all text based) so I can use the same session over more more than one machine.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net