Re: jitsi via jackd

On 4/8/20 3:20 PM, Peter P. wrote:
Hi list,

I am happily using Jitsi for various tasks since a few weeks and would
like to run its application image
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet-electron/releases/
over jackd.
Does anyone have an idea how I could best do this, also avoiding pulse
audio? So far it seems that the only way is to use the alsa jack pcm
plugin https://jackaudio.org/faq/routing_alsa.html
or use alsa loopback device and jack alsa_in/alsa_out clients
https://alsa.opensrc.org/Jack_and_Loopback_device_as_Alsa-to-Jack_bridge

thanks for all ideas!
Peter

Hmm, I tried it using their free website connection via Firefox. My headset worked fine with the browser and jitsi. I have PulseAudio set to use jack-sink, that's the only way I can get sound out of Firefox.

I haven't tried the app image - I've had no luck running application images on my system. I've installed their native Linux client but haven't tried it yet.

HTH

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx