Re: Service/user not using PulseAudio

I suppose a likely cause for the problem is that the asterisk user has no ~.config/pulse directory. How can I get around that?

Em 08/04/2020 08:38, Iain Mott escreveu:
Hi,

Another Asterisk PBX related question. I have the Asterisk service periodically sending System commands on the host machine when particular phone extensions are called. The Asterisk service is run by the user asterisk. I made asterisk a member of the 'audio' group so that it can use 'aplay' with the System command. eg.

System(aplay -c 1 -D pulse /home/iain/sounds/line1.wav)

This plays OK but plays on the laptop's internal hardware rather via PulseAudio. Jack is running and is configured to use an external USB sound card and the PulseAudio Jack Sink.

If I run the following as user iain, it plays correctly through the USB:

aplay -c 1 -D pulse /home/iain/sounds/line1.wav

However via the Aterisk service, or by running the command in a console as asterisk, it plays through the internal speakers. eg.

sudo -H -u asterisk bash -c 'aplay -c 1 -D pulse /home/iain/sounds/line1.wav'

I don't know if the "-D pulse" option is necessary, I'm trying lots of things...

As well as the audio group, I've tried adding asterisk to the pulse and pulse-access groups, but it doesn't help (and yes, I logged out and in again).

If i run the last code given above with aplay in verbose mode (-vvv), it throws the error:

xcb_connection_has_error() returned true

But this Is not error because adding "unset DISPLAY ; " to the start of the command removes the error but it continues to play through the external speakers. Here is the print for the command:

iain@samsung:~$ sudo -H -u asterisk bash -c 'unset DISPLAY ; aplay -vvvv -c 1 -D pulse /home/iain/sounds/line1.wav' Tocando WAVE '/home/iain/sounds/line1.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Taxa 48000 Hz, Mono
ALSA <-> PulseAudio PCM I/O Plugin
Its setup is:
  stream       : PLAYBACK
  access       : RW_INTERLEAVED