Re: MotU Ultralite AVB observations.

On 10/3/20 7:16 am, Chris Caudle wrote:
On Mon, March 9, 2020 2:56 pm, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
This is further complicated by the fact that some software (ie:
pulseaudio) will change the sampling rate without you doing it manually.
For example, if you manage to start jackd at 48Khz and then stop it,
pulseaudio (if installed and enabled) will take control of the audio
interface and change the sampling rate to its default rate (44.1k).
You can change the default sampling rate which PulseAudio uses with a
configuration file option.

Haha, snap! I was just writing the same thing. I'll post it anyway:

If PulseAudio is the culprit changing the sample rate, Maybe these parameters can be uncommented and swapped in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf (or preferably a user daemon.conf created in ~./config/pulse/)

; default-sample-rate = 44100
; alternate-sample-rate = 48000

Those are the default values. Change to:

default-sample-rate = 48000
alternate-sample-rate = 44100

Also there is:

; avoid-resampling = false

but I have found changing that to true can have unexpected consequences.