Re: Creating a personalised HRTF?

Jan 20 2020, Fons Adriaensen has written:

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 04:20:29AM +0100, Jeanette C. wrote:

is there any (convenient) way to create a personal HRTF (head related
transfer function)?

Straight answer: no, repeat no. There are some commercial
systems (Android apps) claiming to do this, using e.g.
pictures of your head and ears. AFAIK, none of them really
work, it's all hype and easy money.
Hm, the earfish.eu sounds interesting, since they sort of use the
measurement technique used at unis, only somehow backward. Certainly a
fun idea.
There are other aspects of binaural reproduction that seem to be
much more important - can't go into the details, but room sound
and correct head movenent tracking are among them.
Very true. I've been working with Csound HRTF opcodes, including the
ones with a built-in reverb (basic room modelling). Though I haven't
found anything to get good headtracking and use it with a proper 3D
scene.

Best wishes and many thanks,

Jeanette

 * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Where are you now, what have you found
Where is your heart, when I'm not around <3
(Britney Spears)