Delta 66 woes

Greetings !

My audio device has been an M-Audio Delta 66 + Omni I/O breakout box that has served me well for many years. Alas, something is now causing a severe problem with it. When I turn the unit on in the morning the clip and input lights are solid red and green and remain so for up to five or more minutes before they go off. Adding to that, my portable room heater is now causing a terrible hum through my speakers. I tried another heater, got the same results.

So, is the problem likely the Delta card ? I have a replacement for it that I could swap out, but I thought I'd check with the experts first. Or should I get an electrician to check out the wiring in my room ?

I can have sound or heat in my studio but not both at the same time. Grrr...

Season's Greetings to all LAU/LAD members !

Best,

dp